The very first Edo Japan restaurant started in Calgary over 30 years ago with the simple idea of serving traditional Japanese Teppan-style meals using fresh, quality ingredients and their signature Teriyaki sauce. Their legendary sweet and savoury Teriyaki sauce put them on the map. Hand-made daily using finely chopped garlic, ginger and other freshly prepared ingredients, a hot (spicy) Teriyaki sauce, delicious and served warm over each of Edo Japan’s stir-fried Teppan-style meals. It’s made from a time-honoured recipe that’s a closely guarded secret known by only two people.
Those are just some of the history and trade secrets that make the first Edo location in Winnipeg at CF Polo Park even more exciting. Already serving guests this week, the official Grand Opening takes place on Saturday, March 3 (CF Polo Park is open 9:30 am to 6 pm) and will feature half-priced Teriyaki meals, gift card giveaways, and the Edo Japan Ninja mascot.
At Edo Japan their goals are simple: better meals using quality, all-natural ingredients, offering legendary service at each and every location, and helping people make better choices when it comes to eating out. And they are just getting started in Winnipeg with six additional locations set to open in the coming year. This first local Edo Japan will be in the CF Polo Park food court but future locations will be street-level.
Did you know that from now until January 2nd, for every spring roll sold, Edo Japan will donate 25 cents to the Food Bank?! I don’t know about you but I love me a spring roll (or three! haha) so now’s the perfect time to pick a few up and give back to an incredible cause! Who knew giving back could be so delicious 😉 PS I always dip my spring rolls in chili sauce – what about you?! -Diana #edoalittlehelpalot
A post shared by EdoJapan (@officialedojapan) on
What you should know about Edo Japan and their commitment to quality, fresh food:
- Quality ingredients create delicious meals that are made to order and never pre-packaged.
- Garden-fresh vegetables that are never frozen and choice cuts of Canadian beef and chicken.
- With sizzling hot meals prepared right before your eyes on our traditional Teppanyaki grill, freshness is at the heart of everything we do. Our traditional Teppan grill sears our meats at 450 degrees, locking in the natural juices and flavor.
- Dishes are free of added MSG.
- Handmade sushi, including servings without raw fish are available, plus kids’ meals.
Welcome to Winnipeg, Edo Japan!
Contest Rules & Disclaimer
Must be 18 or older. Valid in Canada except for Quebec. Gift card has no cash value and must be accepted as awarded.